The time trial stage between Bonneval and Chartres was the third stage of TDF attended by me this year. The weather was very good with exceptional lighting conditions, a sunny day with few clouds which acted as very useful natural soft-boxes. The stage was close to my living place so I knew the region very well and I found a good place on the route. Using a long or medium zoom lens and sometimes my on-camera flash, I photographed almost all the competitors riding in front of me at a very high-speed. I’ve got many images, some of them with a frozen action, others with a blur effect.
To take this image, I lay down on the ground on the roadside and I photographed the cyclist riding by me at less than two meters at a speed of more than 50-60 Km/h. Using the continuous shooting mode, a flash as a fill light and a short exposure time I could get very good and sharp details on the face of the athlete. In the image is the Kazakh cyclist Fofonov Dmitriy from Astana Pro Team.
- The Announcement of The Route of Le Tour de France 2018 October 17, 2017
- The Tour of France 2015 – Photo Report June 23, 2016
- Dutch Spring landscape February 29, 2016
- The Venetian Carnival in Annecy, France February 22, 2016
- The Vegetable Market in Chartres – Night View February 15, 2016
Photo of the Week 2016